Electrical Inspection Services
- NICEIC Electrical Inspections
- NICEIC Fixed Wire Testing
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports
- Electrical Compliance Services
- Electrical Inspection and Testing
What is fixed wire testing?
Fixed Wire Testing or Periodic Inspection and Testing, or Fixed Installation Testing, as it is often referred to, is a report on the electrical wiring of a property, outlining any defects it may have that may prove to be a safety hazard. Owners of buildings have a duty of care to users. The wiring of buildings is an area that is often taken for granted, yet it can be a major cause of fire or injury through electric shocks.
Why have fixed wire testing?
- The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and states that:
- All systems shall at all times be of such construction as to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, danger.
- All systems shall be maintained so as to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, such danger.
- Every work activity…shall be carried out in such a manner as not to give rise, so far as is reasonably practicable, to danger.
- Any equipment provided under these Regulations for the purpose of protecting persons at work on or near electrical equipment shall be suitable for the use which it is provided
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) recommends that to comply with the regulations, an inspection and testing programme should be undertaken at all places of work.
Periodic inspection and testing is necessary because all electrical installations deteriorate due to a number of factors such as damage, wear, tear, corrosion, excessive electrical loading, ageing and environmental influences.
The requirements for fixed installation testing are contained within the Institution of Electrical Engineers 17th Edition, Wiring Regulations (BS 7671). Depending upon the type of establishment, the frequency of inspection and testing will vary. However, all electrical installations require testing to meet the requirements of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
How often does Fixed Wire Testing have to be done?
The frequency of Fixed Wire Testing depends on the type of premises and what it is used for. It can range from 1 year to 5 years. Please call or email us to discuss your requirements.
What does it cost?
Special Offer Prices starting £6.50 per circuit
We can also cater for pricing on a Square Metre Basis
An electrical thermal survey will examine the following:
- Will find arcing
- heat spots from damaged cables and accessories
- Quick efficient monitoring of systems and components
- Quickly identifies anomalies, preventing failure and reducing downtime
- Non-invasive, Non-Contact, No shutdown of equipment is required
- Support planned and predictive maintenance programmes
- Meets or exceeds insurance requirements
- Cost effective which will save you time and money
Just some of our Services:
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR)
- NICEIC Electrical Inspection & Circuit Testing
- NICEIC Electrical inspections
- Thermal Imaging
- Electrical Installations / Maintenance
- Burglar alarm installations
- Emergency Lighting
- LED Lighting
- Energy Saving
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT Testing)
- Steam Boiler Engineering
Our electricians & inspectors cover all of the UK and Channel Islands including the following area’s and County’s: Wimborne, Poole, Bournemouth, Dorchester, Dorset, Southampton, London, Birmingham, Warwickshire and Coventry, Jersey, Guernsey.
If you require more information why not get in contact.